Response, Quotations:
In the novel “The Hunger Games”, there are more than enough examples of good writing. This good writing includes the makers of the hunger games trying to add interest to the challenge and purposefully start a blazing fire. The example of good writing is a paragraph in length. The paragraph is of Katniss trying to escape the manufactured fire. “The heat is horrible, but worse than the heat is the smoke, which threatens to suffocate me at any moment. I pull the top of my shirt up over my nose, grateful to find it soaked in sweat, and it offers a thin veil of protection. And I run, choking, my bag banging against my back, my face cut with branches that materialize from the gray haze without warning, because I know I am supposed to run.”
I feel that this is a great example of good writing in this book because it emphasizes the dangerous situation directly third-person related to the character in the scene. The writing is very good how it makes the reader feel directly in the moment at that very place. I chose this paragraph because it is clear that the reader feels the danger of the immense fire. You can vividly feel the anxiousness of Katniss to protect herself and evacuate herself from that area. When reading this from part of the book, I was feeling very tense as though I thought that Katniss would not survive. The anticipation of wanting to know what the resolution will be drove me to reading through it and being unable to place the book down for a break. This was a very good example of great vocabulary and this made the book much more intelligent to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment