Response, Questions:
In my book, there were a few misunderstood situations. I did not understand the reason how the world had been either a fictional and/or different form as it is now, or if it had struck a critical pandemic and had changed. I wonder this because in the book, the setting is plotted in what is said to be ruins of a place once known as North America. Somewhere in this area is a nation called Panem. This did not make sense to me because if I’m not mistaken, it did not describe how this critical state occurred. While reading the book, distracted by it quoting that this setting is in North America area, I consisted to believe that this book takes place somewhere different like South America. I consist to believe this because the setting is explained to be bounded by forests. The way that the government and rules were organized in a way that led me to believe that this took place in a much less developed area.
I believe that the author had made these questionable parts of the book for the strict purpose of making the book adventurous and unpredictable. The fictional parts of the book made it more intense and even just more unpredictable. In the situation that she has pushed further in the hunger games to the milestone of being one of the last 3 contenders, had made the book more suspenseful. When she had fallen in love with Peeta Mellark throughout the games, had been very mood changing because there was to be one survivor. The situation when Cato was pitted against Peeta and Katniss in a fight on top of the cornucopia. All of these situations and accidents were part of the impossible to put down plot of the book which made it very enjoyable to read.
If I were the author, I would try to have Prim be more represented in this book. I would have included Prim on Katniss’ hunting trips since she is near the age of adulthood. To improve this, I would include a more in depth relationship of the characters to their environment that they live in. I would secondly include that the heavy choices that they made would be more relevant to their past and future, rather than doing things for the sake of survival. To be asked if I liked the conclusion of the novel would be as rhetorical as asking if a teacher is someone who teaches, to be more specific, the conclusion of this novel was also right after the climax of the novel which made it much more fascinating. The conclusion made me curious as to what would happen next in the series.
Exellent posting!
ReplyDeleteCapitalize and bold a book title.